ISNA-20 Abstract Submission
top of page

Visa Information

Some participants may require a visa to enter Canada. Canada does not have a visa office in every country so it is important that delegates visit the website of the Canadian visa office responsible for processing their visa application. Information is available on the website on how to submit a visa application and the documentation required.

Since March 15, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). eTA applications costs $7.00 CAD and is paid after you complete the ETA form. Most applications are approved within minutes. 


Exceptions include U.S. citizens and foreign nationals with a valid visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, are not eligible to apply for an eTA and need to travel with a valid Canadian passport.

Find out if you need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa

All travellers must present acceptable travel documents and identification must be presented at the border. We strongly suggest that you begin the process as soon as possible to avoid delays. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to obtain a visa or an eTA. You can request a Visa letter during the registration process. The organizers will not provide financial support. Please check with the Canadian embassy or consulate for the specific requirements for your country.

Processing times

It is recommended you start your visa application at least 16 weeks before the event you wish to attend. 

Useful links

Find out if you are eligible to apply

List of Canadian embassies and consulates

Entry requirements by country/territory  

How to apply - Visit on business

Invitation Letter

All delegates that need a Visa are advised to obtain and submit an official Letter of Invitation from the congress organizers to help facilitate the immigration process. Please note that Visa invitation letters will only be issued to attendees who have paid their registration fee (Regular or Student/Postdoc) in full. 

bottom of page